This award recognizes a paper, or series of closely related papers with at least one common author, which represents a notable contribution to the scientific understanding of extraction and processing metallurgy, with emphasis on nonferrous metals.
Recipients of this award may be eligible for the AIME Champion H. Mathewson Award and AIME Rossiter Raymond Memorial Award.
For more information on this award, view the bylaws.
- A paper or series of closely related papers with one common author in the field of extraction and processing metallurgy with emphasis on nonferrous metals;
- The paper(s) must have been published in JOM, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A or B, Journal of Sustainable Metallurgy, or any other appropriate TMS publication within the two-year period preceding March 31. The eligibility date of nominated papers should be considered the online publication date of the individual paper, not the publication date of the issue in which the paper appears.
How to Nominate
April 1 of each year.
Please submit the following documents to complete the nomination process:
- Completed nomination form.
- Nominator's Supporting Statement: This statement is to be included within the principal nominator’s cover letter of endorsement. The supporting statement should outline the qualifications of the nominee for the specific honor/award. The nominator’s supporting letter should be no more than two pages.
- Photocopy or PDF of the nominated paper.
Send complete nomination packet to TMS Awards.