This award recognizes an individual who has made a long lasting contribution to: design, syntheses, processing and performance of engineering materials, with significant industrial applications.
Recipients of this award may be eligible for society level awards such as Alexander Scott Distinguished Service Award and Fellow Award.
For more information on this award, view the bylaws.
- Must be a member of TMS for at least ten years.
- Must have made prolonged contributions to the design, syntheses, processing and performance of engineering materials such as metals, ceramics composites, glasses and polymers through publications, patents, etc.; research must have demonstrated direct impact on commercial processes and products.
- Must have a superior standing among peer group.
How to Nominate
April 1 of each year.
Please submit the following documents to complete the nomination process:
- Completed nomination form.
- Nominator's Supporting Statement: This statement is to be included within the principal nominator's cover letter of endorsement. The supporting statement should outline the qualifications of the nominee for the specific honor/award. The nominator's supporting letter should be no more than two pages.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae, no more than 5 pages.
- A minimum of two, maximum of five, letters of endorsement. Each letter should be no longer than one page. No more than one letter of endorsement may be from the same affiliation as the nominee. The nominator's letter may be counted in the total number required.
Send complete nomination packet to TMS Awards.