This award was established to recognize the memory of Professor Nagy El-Kaddah for his contributions in the field of material processing. It recognizes an original contribution to the field of "MHD in Material Processing."
The primary author of the best paper will receive $500 along with a plaque. Additionally, the work may be revised and published in Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B for no charge to the author(s).
This award committee will consist of the Extraction & Processing Division (EPD) Award Subcommittee along with help from the award creator, Thinium Natarajan.
For more information on this award, view the bylaws.
- Scientific manuscripts published in the field of material processing at conferences such as the TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition, AISTech, MS&T, EPM, and ECCC, in addition to journal manuscripts in the current year will be considered.
- Nominees may be TMS members or nonmembers involved in material processing.
How to Nominate
April 1 of each year.
Please submit the following documents to complete the nomination process:
- Completed nomination form.
- Nominator's Supporting Statement: This statement is to be included within the principal nominator's cover letter of endorsement. The supporting statement should outline the qualifications of the nominee for the specific honor/award. The nominator's supporting letter should be no more than two pages.
- Photocopy or PDF of the nominated paper.
Send complete nomination packet to the TMS Awards & Recognition Specialist.