Thank you for your interest in holding a professional development event with TMS. Proposals for new events are accepted on an ongoing bases. To submit a proposal, click on the button below to complete the TMS Professional Development Event Proposal Form. All proposed events must be submitted through the online form.
When submitting a proposal, please include as much detail about technical scope, program duration, instructors detials, potential sponsorship support, and suggested format. After submitting a proposal, TMS staff will work with the volunteer(s) and necessary review groups to determine the feasibility, format, and program provisions. Please direct any questions to TMS Professional Development staff.
TMS offers a variety of formats for professional development event, including: workshops held with the TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition or other specialty conferences; standalone courses; and standalone webinars or webinar series. Learn more about each type of event:
March 10–14, 2019 • San Antonio, Texas, USA
- Complete course proposals are due by May 31, 2018.
- Workshops and courses are held on Sunday, March 10, prior to the start of the meeting’s technical program.
- Proposals will be reviewed by both the TMS Professional Development Committee and identified technical divisions and technical or administrative committees in June.
Events held with the Materials Science and Technology (MS&T)
October 14–18, 2018 • Columbus, Ohio, USA
- Complete course proposals are due by February 1, 2018.
- Workshops and courses are held on Sunday, October 14, prior to the start of the meeting’s technical program.
- Proposals can be submitted year-round and courses are held throughout the year.
- Standalone courses are generally three (3) to five (5) days in length and feature detailed lectures, discussions, and interactive work groups for a high quality, topic-specific educational program.
- Proposals can be submitted year-round and are held throughout the year as one-time presentations or as a multi-presentation series.
- Webinars are offered complimentary to TMS members and are funded through sponsorship support. Sponsorship opportunities are available for one-time programs or as an annual webinar support package. For more information on becoming a webinar sponsor please e-mail the TMS Sales Team.
Additional Event Opportunities
- Proposals for additional professional development opportunities should also be submitted through the online form. These may include:
- Materials Science & Technology 2018 (MS&T18). Complete course proposals are due by February 1, 2018.
- TMS Specialty Meetings
- Supplier Technology Commercial Programs
*Please note that this proposal form is intended for activities to be organized and managed by TMS. The Global Meetings Calendar lists minerals, metals, and materials-related technical meetings being held throughout the world. To have your meeting or event included on the Global Meetings Calendar please visit the Global Meetings Calendar page and fill out the Meeting Submission Form.
Contact the TMS Professional Development staff for questions or assistance regarding new event proposals.