Through presentations and extensive discussion regarding key topics,
this workshop will provide a bridge between companies, academic research groups,
national laboratories, and consortia and will lead to the materials science fundamentals
necessary for further understanding and future industry applications. The workshop will be focused on
3D packaging technology and other important issues. Especially in this year, the applications of
Pb-free solder in green technology will be addressed.
- 3D packaging technology and TSV from an industry and academic point of view
- Pb-free applications in green technology
- Reliability in consumer electronics
- Solder and interconnects in extreme environment
- Future directions in new solder alloy compositions
- Mechanics of deformation in Pb-free solder joints
- Pb-free board assembly related issues and solutions
Additional speakers from the industry and the research institute in the field of 3D-IC will be invited to present their works or share their viewpoints.
- Dr. Ho-Ming Tong - ASE Global
- Dr. Tae-kyu Lee - Cisco
- Prof. Katsuaki Suganuma - Osaka University
- Dr. John Osenbach - LSI Corporation
- Prof. Abhijit Dasgupta - University of Maryland
Date and Time:
Sunday, March 11, 2012 • 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Meeting Attendee Fee: $15
Non-Meeting Fee: $125
Late Attendee Fee: $25
Late Non-Attendee: $175
How to Register:
Meeting registrants may sign up for this course using the online registration form or register on-site at the registration desk.
For additional information regarding the TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition, please complete the TMS Meetings Mailing List Form or contact: