TMS Membership Benefits
As a Material Advantage student member, you will have access to all of the following member benefits from TMS. For a comparison of the types of benefits that come with each level of TMS membership, view the TMS Member Benefits Chart.
Read Journals, Publications, and Online Libraries
- Every student member receives online access to all four partner organizations’ monthly magazine/journal: The American Ceramic Society’s Bulletin (ACerS), Iron & Steel Technology (AIST), Advanced Materials & Processes (ASM), and JOM (TMS). Student members will be mailed a print copy of the following issues:
- AIST: March and October
- TMS: March
- ACerS: Students may request (by email) to receive the magazine by mail (in print).
- ASM: Students may request (through a link which will be sent via email) to receive the magazine by mail (in print).
- Access full electronic subscriptions to the following TMS journals:
- Integrating Materials and Manufacturing Innovation
- JOM, the TMS member journal
- Journal of Electronic Materials
- Journal of Sustainable Metallurgy
- Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A and B
- Read electronic subscriptions to 20 additional journals published by Springer
- Save with a 40% discount on TMS proceedings titles and a 20% discount on TMS non-proceedings titles, as well as all other products offered through Springer
- Access the TMS Member Library and the AIME Digital Library
- Download the Professional Engineer Exam Study Guide at no cost
Build a Network
- Join a TMS technical committee
- Register at the discounted student rate for the TMS Annual Meeting, MS&T, and other select TMS conferences and events
- Search for colleagues and include your contact information in the online TMS Membership Directory
Access Professional Resources
- Consult a regularly updated listing of U.S. government funding opportunities related to minerals, metals, and materials research
- Save on registration for select professional development events and webinars
- Receive preferential resume placement in the TMS Career Center
Additional Membership Opportunities
- Purchase a discounted subscription to OneMine, the online global mining and minerals library
For information on additional benefits available from TMS’s partner societies in the Material Advantage program, visit the Material Advantage website
We would be happy to assist you in completing the Material Advantage membership application process. Please contact a TMS membership representative by e-mail or by phone at 1-800-759-4867 (U.S. and Canada only) or 1-724-776-9000 (all other countries). Press '1' to speak to customer service.