Integrating Materials and Manufacturing Innovation
Integrating Materials and Manufacturing Innovation is a peer-reviewed journal that explores innovations from the discovery of materials through their manufacture in support of the practice of Integrated Computational Materials Engineering (ICME).
Specific publication interests include but are not limited to:
- Research that supports building a model-based definition of materials and processes that is compatible with model-based engineering design processes
- Descriptions of novel experimental or computational tools or data analysis techniques and their application that are to be used for ICME
- Best practices in verification and validation of computational tools, sensitivity analysis, uncertainty quantification, and data management
- Detailed case studies on efforts that integrate experiment and computation to solve an enduring engineering problem
- In-depth descriptions of data, databases, and database tools
Journal of Electronic Materials
The Journal of Electronic Materials reports on the science and technology of electronic materials while examining new applications for semiconductors, metallic and magnetic alloys, dielectrics, nanoscale materials, and photonic materials. The journal welcomes articles on methods for preparing and evaluating the chemical, physical, electronic, and optical properties of these materials. Specific areas of interest are materials for state-of-the-art transistors,
quantum spintronics, nanotechnology, metallization, and superconductivity, and their applications in detectors, emitters, quantum information science and technology, energy, and electronic packaging.
Journal of Sustainable Metallurgy
The Journal of Sustainable Metallurgy is a quarterly journal dedicated to presenting metallurgical processes and related research aimed at improving the sustainability of metal-producing industries, with a particular emphasis on materials recovery, reuse, and recycling.
Coverage also includes novel metallurgical processes and related research that lead to operations of a smaller environmental footprint. In addition, the editorial scope encompasses new techniques, as well as optimization of existing processes, to include utilization, treatment, and management of metallurgically generated residues. Articles on nontechnical barriers and drivers that can affect sustainability will also be considered.
Jointly published by TMS and ASM International, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A and B are highly respected, peer-reviewed archival journals covering metallurgy and materials science. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions E: Materials for Energy Systems, was published from 2014 through 2017, with all issues archived on SpringerLink.
Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A
This monthly journal focuses on the latest research in all aspects of physical metallurgy and materials science, and explores relationships among processing, structure, and properties of materials. Publication interests encompass the main topics of alloy phases, transformations, transport phenomena, mechanical behavior, physical chemistry, environmental performance, welding and joining, coatings and surface treatment, solidification, and thermomechanical processing. Articles address all classes of metallic materials, composite materials, powder-based alloys, intermetallic compounds, multiprincipal element alloys, nanocrystalline and amorphous materials, and biomaterials.
Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B
This bimonthly journal focuses on the processing science and engineering of metals and materials. Coverage includes the main topics of composite materials, hydrometallurgy, pyrometallurgy, electrometallurgy, transport phenomena, physical chemistry, solidification, materials processing, welding and joining, light metals, and many more. Articles address the theoretical and engineering aspects of the processing of metals and materials, including studies of electro- and physical chemistry, mass transport, mathematical and computational modeling verified through experimental or industrial applications, and novel materials processing.
Additional Springer Journals
In addition to the journals listed above, TMS members receive free electronic access to the following 20 materials-related journals offered by TMS’s publishing partner, Springer.
Read Springer Journals (TMS Member login required)
- Applied Composite Materials
- Applied Physics A: Materials Science and Processing
- Applied Physics B: Lasers and Optics
- Glass Physics and Chemistry
- International Journal of Fracture
- International Journal of Mechanics and Materials in Design
- Journal of Elasticity
- Journal of Electroceramics
- Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics
- Journal of Materials Science
- Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics
- Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine
- Journal of Nanoparticle Research
- Journal of Superconductivity and Novel Magnetism
- Materials Science
- Mechanics of Composite Materials
- Mechanics of Time-Dependent Materials
- Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration
- Oxidation of Metals
Sponsoring and Cooperating Society: Acta Materialia Journals
TMS is one of the two Sponsoring Societies (with ASM International) that supported the formation of Acta Materialia
in 1953 and is now considered a Cooperating Society for the Acta journals. Cooperating societies are technical or professional societies that have been approved by the Acta Board of Governors. These societies have agreed to assist with development of the Acta journals and other corporation activities by offering candidates for the Acta Board of Governors. The Acta Board of Governors, which consists of fifteen total members, of which six are Sponsoring Society members and four are Cooperating Society members, establishes the operating procedures and policies for Acta Materialia, Inc. and oversees the publishing of the four Acta journals: Acta Materialia
, Acta Biomaterialia
, Scripta Materialia
, and Materialia
. The Acta journals are not among those offered as a free TMS member benefit.
For additional information on TMS journals, contact email@example.com.
For questions regarding TMS member journal benefits, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.