Please review the following policies before joining us for a TMS event:
Americans With Disabilities Act
TMS strongly supports the federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) which prohibits discrimination against, and promotes public accessibility for, those with disabilities. In support of, and in compliance with ADA, we ask those requiring specific equipment or services to contact TMS Meeting Services in advance at 1-724-776-9000 or at the on-site registration desk.
Antitrust Compliance Policy
TMS complies with the antitrust laws of the United States. Attendees are encouraged to consult with their own corporate counsel for further guidance in complying with U.S. and foreign antitrust laws and regulations.
Attendee Presentation Recording and Photography Policy
Any recording of sessions (audio, video, still photography, etc.) intended for personal use, distribution, publication, or copyright without the express written consent of TMS and the individual authors is strictly prohibited. This includes taking photos of slides during presentations. Attendees violating this policy may be asked to leave the session.
TMS COVID-19 Statement
The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS), working in partnership with conference and event venues, are complying with guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and relevant state and local authorities in an effort to provide a safe and healthy environment for TMS attendees during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. However, COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease and it is not possible to eliminate the risk of spreading or contracting COVID-19. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present, and efforts to mitigate the risk of exposure to COVID-19 may not be sufficient to prevent spreading or contracting COVID-19.
TMS COVID-19 Release & Hold Harmless Agreement
By registering for and attending a TMS event or meeting (together with any other activities hosted or sponsored by, or affiliated with, TMS, an “Event”), you acknowledge and agree to each of the following terms and conditions: (Read More)
- I will comply with all orders, directives, and guidelines while attending or participating in any Event issued by TMS, or any venue hosting an Event, including, without limitation, requirements related to hand sanitation, social distancing, and use of face coverings.
- I agree not to attend any Event if I am subject to the “quarantine” or “isolation” guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control, as may be refined by the relevant state or local authorities.
- I am aware of the highly contagious nature of COVID-19 and the risk that I may be exposed to or contract COVID-19 or other infectious diseases as a result of attending an Event.
- I understand and acknowledge that such exposure or infection may result in serious illness, personal injury, permanent disability, or death.
- I acknowledge that risks of exposure to COVID-19 may result from or be compounded by the actions, omissions, or negligence of others, including TMS, the venue hosting an Event, and their respective agents, employees, and contractors.
- I acknowledge that I am attending one or more Events with knowledge of the risks associated with COVID-19 and the danger of exposure attendance may pose. I hereby accept and assume all risks of personal injury, illness, disability, and death resulting from COVID-19 arising from attending or participating in the Event(s), whether caused by the negligence of TMS, the venue hosting an event, their respective agents, employees, or contractors, or otherwise.
- I hereby expressly waive and release any and all claims, now known or hereafter known, against TMS, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, members, successors, and assigns (collectively, "Releasees"), on account of injury, illness, disability, or death, arising out of or attributable to my attendance at or participation in any Event and exposure to or contraction of COVID-19, whether arising out of the negligence of any Releasee, the venue hosting an Event or such venue’s agents or employees, or otherwise. I covenant not to make or bring any such claim against any Releasee, and forever release and discharge each Releasee from liability under, and will hold the Releasees harmless against, such claims.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS) is committed to advancing diversity in the minerals, metals, and materials professions, and to promoting an inclusive professional culture that welcomes and engages all who seek to contribute to the field. TMS recognizes that a diverse minerals, metals, and materials workforce is critical to ensuring that all viewpoints, perspectives, and talents are brought to bear in addressing complex science and engineering challenges. To build and nurture this diverse professional community, TMS welcomes and actively engages the participation of underrepresented groups in all of its initiatives and endeavors.
Meetings Code of Conduct and Anti-Harassment Policies
TMS is committed to providing a safe, inclusive, and welcoming environment and an experience that embraces the richness of diversity where all participants may exchange ideas, learn, network, and socialize in the company of colleagues in an environment of mutual respect. TMS does not tolerate harassment in any form and requires all members and participants to abide by the TMS Anti-Harassment Policy and Meetings Code of Conduct. For more information on how to report violations of the Meetings Code of Conduct and Anti-Harassment policies, please visit the TMS Code of Conduct Policies web page.
Policy on Minor Children at TMS Events
Please review the Policy on Minor Children at TMS Events for guidelines on bringing a minor child to a TMS event.
Recordings and Photographs for TMS Use
By registering for this meeting, all attendees acknowledge that they may be photographed and/or recorded by TMS personnel while at events, and that those recordings/images may be used for promotional purposes, in TMS publications and websites, and on social media sites. TMS reserves the right to all audio, video, and still photography reproductions of presentations at TMS-sponsored meetings.
A complete listing of Society policies can be accessed through the Society Bylaws & Policies section of the TMS website.