Uncertainty Quantification and Design under Uncertainty for Metallic Systems
Access all papers from this issue
This topic is no longer accepting submissions.
Manuscript Submission Deadline:
May 01, 2023
Sponsored By: Other-Invited
Publication Date: November 2023
Keywords: Characterization, Computational Materials Science & Engineering, ICME, Physical Properties, Uncertainty Quantification
Scope: The aim of this collection is to cover the advances in the development and application of uncertainty quantification (UQ) techniques to investigate the effects of uncertainty on the physical behavior of metals and design metals under uncertainty.
We welcome papers focusing on UQ for metallic materials with applications in different length scales ranging from the atomistic to the macro-scale. Topics of interest include:
• Design of metals under uncertainty
• Material characterization methods to determine the uncertainty in experimental data
• Data-driven and machine learning reinforced UQ
• Quantification of manufacturing-related uncertainty
• Effects of uncertainty on physical material behavior (mechanical, electronic, optical, and thermal properties, fatigue/failure behavior)
Call for Papers