This award recognizes a paper, or series of closely related papers with at least one common author, which represents a notable contribution to the scientific understanding of extraction and processing metallurgy, with emphasis on nonferrous metals.
For more information on this award, view the bylaws.
- A paper or series of closely related papers with one common author in the field of extraction and processing metallurgy with emphasis on nonferrous metals;
- The paper(s) must have been published in JOM, Metallurgical Transactions A or B, Journal of Sustainable Metallurgy, or any other appropriate TMS publication within the two-year period preceding March 31.
How to Nominate
April 1 of each year.
Please submit the following documents to complete the nomination process:
- Completed nomination form.
- Nominator's Supporting Statement: This statement is to be included within the principal nominator’s cover letter of endorsement. The supporting statement should outline the qualifications of the nominee for the specific honor/award. The nominator’s supporting letter should be no more than two pages.
- Photocopy or PDF of the nominated paper.
Send complete nomination packet to the TMS Awards & Recognition Specialist.