The James Douglas Gold Medal was established in 1922. Dr. James Douglas, founder of Phelps Dodge Corporation and twice President of AIME, was also an AIME Honorary Member. He was an industrialist, a mining engineer, a metallurgical engineer and a noted inventor of metallurgical equipment. This award is administered by TMS's EPD and SME's MPD.
The award recognizes distinguished achievement in non-ferrous metallurgy, including both the benefication of ores and the alloying and utilization of non-ferrous metals.
For more information on this award, view the guidelines.
How to Nominate
June 1st of each year.
Please submit the following documents to complete the nomination process:
- Demographic and contact information for both the nominee and the principal nominator.
- Up to five letters of support detailing the nominee’s qualifications for the award (no longer than 2 pages each).
- Nominee’s biography (2 page maximum).
- Nominee’s CV/resume (abbreviated version – 3 page maximum).
- List of papers/publications (abbreviated version – 3 page maximum).
- Appropriate award citation. All nominations submitted will be considered active nominations for a period of three years.
Send complete nomination packet to firstname.lastname@example.org .