The following rubrics present the scoring criteria for each required element of the next TMS Bladesmithing Competition, as of December 31, 2020.
Technical Report: 40 points
- 11-point Arial font. Maximum of 10 pages double-spaced, including appendices, acknowledgments, tables and graphs.
- Please Note: Performing a sharpness test and/or showing a high magnification microstructure is acceptable for inclusion in the technical report, but is not required for the competition. Blades brought to the TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition must be dulled in any case.
Blade: 40 points
Poster: 10 points
Video: 10 points
- Poster Size: 24" x 36" Landscape
Please Note: This poster size must be adhered to or your poster cannot be displayed.
A minimum of 150 ppi (pixels per inch) is required, but should not exceed 300 ppi. Please do not submit original files. Only the following file formats will be accepted for inclusion in the poster portion of the competition: JPEG, TIFF, PDF.
- Video: Maximum of 5 minutes in length, with the following technical specifications:
- Codec/Format: H264 / MP4
- Dimensions: HD (1920x1080)
- File Size Limit: 300mb
- Encoded Bitrate: Approx 1.2 Mbps
For additional information about TMS Bladesmithing events, activities, and opportunities, please contact email@example.com.